Popovers are so simple to prepare and fantastic smothered with butter, jam, jelly, honey, etc. They are fabulous for breakfast but go great with any dinner, too. Popovers just make an excellent addition to any meal.
Ingredients for Easy Popovers:
Recipe Notes: I preheat the oven to 460 and reduce it to 450 when I put in the popovers, as the oven loses heat when you open the door. If you don’t have a popover pan, you can use a regular muffin tin and just fill every other cup. This recipe works better if your milk and eggs are at room temperature. You can prick them with a knife or fork when you take them out of the oven to let the steam escape. This makes for a drier popover. You can also freeze these for up to 3 months and reheat them in the oven.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Easy Mayonnaise Rolls.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter just until smooth. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture and mix with spoon until smooth. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Spray a 6 cup popover pan generously with cooking spray. Fill cups almost to the top.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING BAKING. Makes 6 popovers.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Be sure and PIN popovers for later:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder
Follow us on Instagram.