EASY CAJUN CABBAGE CASSEROLE
This easy Cajun cabbage casserole makes the perfect weeknight dinner! It’s full of flavor and takes very little time to prepare. This recipe is perfect if you have an abundance of garden cabbage. It’s also versatile in that you can spice it up as much as you want. I like to serve this dish with our cornbread muffins.
Easy Cajun Cabbage Casserole Ingredients Needed:
Green pepper, chopped
White onion, chopped
Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe Notes: You could easily prepare this dish with ground turkey or ground pork. If you like more spice, you can always add more Cajun seasoning or a few drops of hot sauce. Feel free to use any type of cheese that your family enjoys. This dish also reheats great!
If you like this recipe, then you may want to try our Cajun pasta skillet. It’s delicious!
Scroll down for the full recipe in the recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Easy Cajun Cabbage Casserole
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 14.5 ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef, green pepper, onion, and minced garlic in a skillet until meat is done. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings, and uncooked rice.
- Spread into a greased 9X13 pan and top with chopped cabbage and shredded cheese. Cover and baked for one hour on 350 or until rice is done. 20 - 30 minutes into baking, stir all ingredients together and return back to oven. You want the juice to soak up the rice and the cabbage.
Don’t forget to pin our Easy Cajun Cabbage Casserole:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses are allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.