Elvis Presley cake is so easy to make and this cake is wonderful for any gathering or occasion. The first time I made this cake my family went crazy about it and wanted it all the time. It would be wonderful for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, Easter or just anytime you want a delicious dessert everyone will go for. The original cake recipe calls for a white cake mix but I use a pineapple cake mix when I make mine. I am sure there was probably not a pineapple cake mix around back when Elvis had his mother make it for him. You could use a white cake mix, a yellow cake mix or pineapple cake mix. This cake is very versatile and has such a refreshing taste. Don’t expect to bring any home if you take it somewhere. You might also like to check out our recipe for Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich.
Elvis Presley Cake Simple Ingredients:
Duncan Hines Signature Pineapple Supreme Moist Cake Mix (can use white or yellow) + cake mix ingredients
Can crushed pineapple with 100% pineapple juice
White granulated sugar
Cream cheese, softened
I really think the pineapple cake mix takes this cake up a notch. It’s a wonderful summertime cake with the pineapple flavor. You could use any nuts with this cake but my family prefers pecan.
I always get lots of questions like “can I substitute this for that”. This is how we make this cake, you are welcome to try any other ways to make it but I have only made it this way.
“I couldn’t locate a pineapple cake mix, so I used yellow. It was a fabulous cake, but I will find a pineapple cake mix next time! That frosting is excellent! Thank you!” -Marsha
“Wow, just made the Elvis Presley pineapple cake and it is delicious!, Thanks for this great recipe!” – Ellie
“I made my cake as the recipe directed and it was so delicious and moist. I will definitely make it again. Much thanks to the Southern Lady Cooks and of course “Elvis”.” – Jan
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Elvis Presley Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce Duncan Hines Signature Pineapple Supreme Moist Cake Mix + cake mix ingredients can use white or yellow
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with 100% pineapple juice Do not drain
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Once cooked, remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes while you heat the crushed pineapple along with the juice and the sugar on top of the stove just until sugar is melted. I bring mine to a slow boil and then remove from stove.
- Punch holes in the cake with a fork and spread the pineapple over the cake along with the juice. Using a mixer combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to make frosting. Very gently spread over entire cake. It doesn’t matter if some of the pineapple shows through the frosting. Sprinkle on chopped pecans.
Don’t forget to pin Elvis Presley Cake.
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Pinterest
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.