These delicious cinnamon scones are incredible! My family loves cinnamon and these are definitely a keeper. They are delicious with coffee and keep well too. These delicious scones would be perfect for any holiday morning. Plus the house will smell amazing. I couldn’t wait to have one, they are just that good.
Cinnamon Scones Ingredients Needed:
White granulated sugar
Package of cinnamon baking chips or about 1 1/4 cups
The cinnamon chips we buy are made by Hershey’s and we find them at Walmart. They are so good, but sometimes hard to find. On the rare occasion we can’t find them, we just make our own. Click here for our cinnamon chips recipe. I think your family will love these scones and they actually keep well. Just keep them in an air tight container and heat them up for 15 seconds or so in the microwave.
You may also love our Cinnamon Bread. It has wonderful reviews and is one of our most popular recipes! We love to make this bread during the holiday season!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Do you follow us on Instagram?
Delicious Cinnamon Scones
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter or 1 stick or 8 tablespoons cut in small pieces or grated
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 10 ounce package of cinnamon baking chips or about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the flour resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk and cinnamon chips. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead several times. Shape into a round ball and cut dough in half.
- Roll each piece into a circle and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut each circle into wedges. I use a pizza cutter to do this.
- Brush each wedge with the topping below.
- Melt butter and sugar together and brush on scones before baking.
- Bake scones in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until brown on top. Makes 16 scones.
Be sure and pin these delicious cinnamon scones:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.