Crock Pot Italian stew is an easy recipe you will make over and over again. I love just being able to throw some ingredients in the crock pot for several hours and have a comfort food meal for my family on a weeknight or busy weekday. This crock pot Italian stew is delicious. You could add other ingredients you like, make half the recipe or even double the recipe. This stew keeps well in the refrigerator for several days and is even better reheated in the oven or microwave. This stew is great with my recipe for bacon cheddar cornbread.
Crock Pot Italian Stew Ingredients Needed:
Beef stew meat
V-8 juice or could use tomato juice
Dried basil or could use fresh chopped basil
This easy stew is perfect for cooler weather and would be the perfect addition to any tailgate. It is hearty and easy to make and super versatile.
If you love hearty crock pot dishes, you will love this delicious Beef Tips and Gravy! It has wonderful reviews and is one of our most popular recipes. Looking for a great chicken dish.. try out our Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles, it’s only 4 simple ingredients.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Crock Pot Italian Stew
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large carrots scraped and sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1/2 cups V-8 juice or could use tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or could use fresh chopped basil
- Mix the 1/2 cup flour and garlic powder together. Dredge the meat in the flour and brown on top of the stove in the cooking oil.
- Add browned meat, carrots, celery, onions and potatoes to a 3 quart crock pot. Combine juice, black pepper, minced garlic and basil. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 1/2 hours until meat and vegetables are cooked. Makes 8 servings.
Don’t forget to pin crock pot Italian stew.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.