This Chocolate Oatmeal Cake is to die for! If you like chocolate, you will love this cake. It’s easy to make and one your family will love. We have loved the Lazy Daisy Oatmeal cake for years and this one is delicious too. Old fashioned recipes are always a winner and there is a reason why they are still around. This cake is perfect to take to a potluck or gathering. You can also make this one in advance.
Chocolate oatmeal cake ingredients needed:
Quick-cooking oats, uncooked
100% pure cocoa
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pecan halves (Could use walnuts)
I have looked at few oatmeal cakes and this one is different than most. It is loaded with chocolate chips and they give this cake a wonderful taste. It actually has a little heavier texture a mix between a brownie and a cake. It’s absolutely delicious. Since it doesn’t have a frosting, it’s not overly sweet which is nice. It’s a perfect cake to make for any occasion. If you haven’t tried this one.. give it a try!
Recipe feedback: “I got your recipe from Facebook and that’s the one I used. Made it for the family and for a New Year’s party and it disappeared like magic. SOOOO good. Love your site as well. Lots of great recipes here.” – Bill
“Loved it. It is so moist.. and I felt I was eating healthy with oatmeal in it!” – Daisy
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cake
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine or 3/4 cup or 12 tablespoons softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves Could use walnuts
- Place oats in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl using a mixer cream together brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk together the flour, salt, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture along with the oats. Mix well with mixer. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and pour batter into a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter along with the nuts. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-45 minutes checking for doneness as ovens vary. This cake does not need frosting. 8-10 Servings
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Pinterest
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder