This cheesy shrimp and sausage quiche is good anytime!
This quiche is so easy! You basically just mix everything up and bake it. Seriously, it’s THAT easy. The smoked paprika along with the smoked sausage really add to this dish. It’s very flavorful which makes it the perfect dish to serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I also like to serve this quiche when I host a brunch.
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Shrimp and Sausage Quiche
9 inch pie crust
Medium-size shrimp, cooked, deveined, tail off.
Smoked sausage, sliced and halved
Shredded sharp cheese
Recipe Notes: I like this quiche garnished with sour cream and a bit of hot sauce. This quiche reheats well if you happen to have leftovers. This recipe is versatile in that you could use Andouille sausage in place of the smoked sausage. You could also use any flavor cheese that your family enjoys.
Recipe Comments: “I made this for a brunch and everyone raves about it. I did garnish without sour cream as you suggested and it was great.”-Terry
Cheesy Shrimp and Sausage Quiche
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1/2 pound of medium size shrimp cooked, deveined, tail off. (About 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup of smoked sausage sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup diced of red onion
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl mix shrimp, sausage, onion and one cup of sharp cheddar cheese. Add this to your pie shell. In the same bowl, whisk together, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Pour this over shrimp and sausage mixture. Top with remaining half cup of cheese. Place in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until center of quiche is set.
Be sure and pin this delicious Shrimp and Sausage Quiche!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Click to follow The Southern Lady Cooks on Facebook.
© 2013 The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.