This recipe for Cheesy Bacon Skillet Fried Potatoes is just good food in a skillet. Anytime you can add bacon and cheese, you know it’s going to be great! This is a very versatile recipe and a dish that my family loves.
Ingredients needed for Cheesy Bacon Skillet Fried Potatoes:
Shredded cheddar cheese
Notes: This recipe is very versatile in that you can use any potatoes that your family likes. You can also peel the potatoes. We use green onions but you could easily you a white or red onion. I’ve made this dish with shredded Monterey Jack/colby cheese as well.
Cheesy Bacon Skillet Fried Potatoes
- 6 or 7 red potatoes unpeeled, sliced or cut in chunks (can use any potatoes you like but I usually have about 6 cups of chunky potato pieces)
- 5 to 6 slices bacon
- 5 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion I use green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese can use more and use your favorite cheese
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove, set aside to drain on paper towels. Save 5 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in your skillet. Add potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to make sure potatoes are covered with drippings.
- Cover your skillet and cook on medium until potato pieces are tender (about 15 minutes). Remove lid and brown your potatoes on high until crispy. Remove potatoes from stove, sprinkle cheese on top. (I put the lid back on for a few minutes to melt the cheese)
- Crumble the bacon on top of the cheese. Serve right from the skillet.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Follow us on Instagram!
Don’t Forget to Pin Cheesy Bacon Skillet Fried Potatoes:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.