We love this Cajun Shrimp Egg Salad. First off, it’s so simple to prepare, and it’s delicious. This versatile dish can be altered to your family’s taste. This recipe is perfect for a Spring/Summer gathering, as a simple lunch sandwich, or even as a dip served with crackers! I love to make this up and serve it as sandwiches with chips. It’s just super easy and full of flavor!
Cajun Shrimp Egg Salad Ingredients:
Diced Red Onion
Scroll down for the full printable recipe in the recipe card.
- You can use any Cajun Seasoning you like or make your own using our recipe.
- Depending on how much “spice” you like, you can add more or less Cajun seasoning.
- Feel free to dice up your shrimp to make smaller pieces if you like.
- Serve this as a sandwich on hoagie buns, sourdough, or as sliders. You can make this simple white bread…it’s great for sandwiches!
- You can easily chop up the shrimp and serve this with crackers as a dip. It’s fabulous with Triscuits.
Like this recipe? You may also want to try our Cajun Pasta Skillet.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cajun Shrimp Egg Salad
- 1/2 lb of raw shrimp deveined, tail off, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 tsp of cajun seasoning divided
- 6 hardboiled eggs chopped
- 1/3 cup of diced red onion
- 1/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Melt butter in a skillet on top of the stove over med-high heat. Combine garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Toss in shrimp and stir to coat. Cook in melted butter for 3 to 4 minutes turning once. Shrimp should be pink when cooked. Set in refrigerator to cool.
- Mix eggs, onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, salt, and the other 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning together. Add cold shrimp and combine with the egg mixture. Serve on hoagie buns or with crackers.
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.