Buttermilk pancakes are our favorite pancakes for Sunday morning breakfast. We have been enjoying these pancakes for many many years. We love them with blueberries or just plain. They are super versatile, add whichever toppings you love. I didn’t include the blueberries in the recipe since you can add them if you like, but these pancakes are great either way!
Buttermilk Pancakes Ingredients Needed:
Buttermilk (could use regular milk but I think they are better with buttermilk)
Oil (I use Olive Oil)
As you can see these are made with just simple ingredients. I have made them with canola oil and with olive oil and feel olive oil makes a fluffier pancake. So either will work just fine.
“Awesome! Just made these and I used my big flat cast iron griddle! A keeper and I’m in love with SO many of your recipes, I’ve saved at least a dozen! A great big thank you!!” -KP
“The pancakes are absolutely perfect and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly as written and they are so moist! The best pancake recipe I’ve found! Thanks for sharing!” – Loni
“My family loved these light, tasty pancakes. The best part is that I can make up several portions of the dry ingredients to have on hand when there’s a yen for pancakes! Thank you for this recipe.” – Helene
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk could use regular milk but I think they are better with buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil I use Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Mix all ingredients together with a large spoon until batter is smooth. Make sure your skillet or griddle is hot. I spray mine with cooking spray before each cooking.
- Drop by spoonfuls into pan or onto griddle. Turn when bubbles start to appear on top. Serve with your favorite toppings. Makes 10 to 12 pancakes depending on size. Batter will keep in refrigerator for several days.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.Click here to follow us on Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.