These Bran Muffins are easy to make and a great recipe to make up on a Sunday and enjoy for breakfast each morning. They are delicious!
If you love starting your day with a muffin, you may want to check out these Sweet Potato Muffins, they are one of our favorites!
Table of contents
❤️WHY WE LOVE THESE MUFFINS
These muffins are easy and we make them with raisin bran cereal. They are loaded in flavor and super versatile. You can make the batter up and keep it in the fridge for a few days so you can make muffins when you like. We love the versatility of this recipe.
- Baking Powder
- Bran cereal with or without raisins
- Butter or Oil
These muffins are super versatile, you could leave the nuts out if you like. If you use bran cereal you can use craisins in the place of raisins. This is a good basic recipe that you can work with.
🍽️HOW TO MAKE
This recipe is simple to make since you only need your ingredients and a spoon!
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
Put bran flakes and milk in a bowl, add egg, honey and oil and mix with spoon then wait until cereal has softened.
Add dry ingredients stirring only until combined. Fold in nuts. Spray 12 cup muffin tin and fill with mixture. Bake at 400 degrees about 25 minutes until brown on top. Makes 12 muffins.
You can also use just 1/2 cup sugar if you don’t have honey. We always add extra raisins since we love them.
SERVE THIS WITH
I serve these with meals instead of rolls at times and am always asked for the recipe. They have been a favorite with my family for years. These muffins have a lot of fiber and are so good hot with butter or jams.
❓FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can absolutely double this recipe.
I have never made them that way but I would think you could.
STORING AND REHEATING
We store these in an air-tight container and just reheat then for about 10 seconds in the microwave. They are wonderful with butter.
💕MORE POPULAR RECIPES TO ENJOY
This recipe makes 12 muffins so about 4 servings if everyone has 3 muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups raisin bran flakes or just plain bran flakes without the raisins
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter I use butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts walnuts or pecans
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Put bran flakes and milk in a bowl, add egg, honey and oil and mix with spoon then wait until cereal has softened. Add dry ingredients stirring only until combined.
- Fold in nuts. Spray 12 cup muffin tin and fill with mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 25 minutes until brown on top. Makes 12 muffins.
Are you reading our magazine?
Join 1000’s of others and start a subscription today. Full of new recipes, inspiring stories, country living, and much more.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.