This Banana Cream Pie is very rich and creamy and won’t last long! This is an old fashioned recipe for banana cream pie that I can remember my mother and sister making many years ago. This pie will become one of your favorite recipes. This pie is a great way to use up bananas and your family and friends will love you for it. Children will love this pie if they like bananas. Serve a big slice of this banana cream pie for dessert with coffee anytime. If you love this pie you will also love this delicious Sweet Chocolate Pie!
Banana Cream Pie Ingredients Needed:
(9 inch) pie crust, baked
Egg yolkes (Save whites for meringue)
3 large bananas
“I made this pie because my husband has been wanting banana cream pie and it came out amazing! I’m not an experienced baker and it looks and tasted amazing!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe you are awesome!!!” – Martha
“I made this tonight and it turned out perfect!!!” – Lisa
“I have always loved banana pudding and decided to try this pie for a change. It was sooo good! Great pie that my family loved to. I love all of your recipes. They always work out well and are delicious!” – Jamie
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Banana Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust, baked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yokes Save whites for meringue
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake pie crust according to package directions. Let cool. Toss sliced bananas with lemon juice and spread bananas in the bottom of the baked pie shell. In a pot on top of the stove, mix milk, salt, egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla with a spoon or whisk. Add margarine in one piece. Cook on medium high heat about 5 to 7 minutes stirring constantly with whisk. This will burn easily. Mixture will thicken like pudding. Remove from heat and pour over sliced bananas. Let cool before adding meringue.
- Beat egg whites with mixer, add sugar and vanilla, and continue beating until peaks form. Spread on top of pie covering entire pie. Place under oven broiler until browned or bake in preheated 350 degree oven until brown on top.
Be sure and Pin!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.