The Atlantic Beach Pie is a classic that has been around for a bit and was made popular by Chef Bill Smith of North Carolina. This pie is a wonderful combination of lemon and lime with saltine cracker crust. If you haven’t tried this one.. add it to your recipe list! It’s easy to make and a such a refreshing treat!
Atlantic Beach Ingredients Needed:
Such simple ingredients but this Atlantic Beach Pie is loaded with flavor. The combination of the condensed milk and the lemon and lime juice is so good. Then you add in the saltine cracker crust and you have an incredible pie. This pie is perfect for any spring or summer gathering as the flavors just go great with a warm day!
If you want to take this pie to the next level, then add a whipped cream topping. I have had it both ways and we enjoyed it with or without the topping. It’s such a unique pie but one you must try.
If you have followed our website for any amount of time you know we love the simple recipes and consider them the best.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Atlantic Beach Pie
- Saltine Crackers about 1.5 sleeves
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 stick of butter or 1/2 a cup softened
- 1 14 ounce can of condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break saltine crackers in a bowl, you don't want them crushed, just broken into pieces. add the sugar, work together and then and softened butter. Work until this is combined and you can press it into a greased 9 inch pie plate. You want to create a well for the pie mixture to be poured into, so press the crackers up the side of the pie plate.
- Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes so the crust can set up.
- Next place in oven for and bake until the crackers are slightly brown around the edges, about 12 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the condensed milk and egg yolks together until fully combined, then add the lemon and lime juice and mix.
- Pour the filling into the crust (doesnt have to be completely cooled) and bake for another 15 minutes, or until pie is firm and set.
- Do not let the pie burn, you will let it cool, then refrigerate for a few hours so it sets up even more.
- Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder