Easy Orange CakeCake is one of my favorite things in this world.  I love it! I could eat cake every meal.  This cake will quickly become one of your “go to” recipes especially if you like anything orange flavored.  It is so easy to make using a mix and keeps well in a cool place for several days. It is a great cake to take to the office or on a picnic or anywhere you need a recipe your friends and family will love.  I have not tried freezing it but see no reason why you couldn’t.

1 (15.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix

1 (3.5 ounce) box French Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling

3 eggs

1 1/4 cups fresh or regular orange juice from carton

1 stick or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract

1 tablespoon orange zest

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, orange juice, butter and extract and mix on medium with mixer.  Fold in orange zest and mix with spoon. Batter will be thick.  Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray generously.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until center is done when tested.  Cool about 10 minutes in pan. Remove and let cool completely. Add frosting or glaze recipe below.   Makes 1 cake.

3/4 cup powdered sugar

3 tablespoons milk

1 to 2 tablespoons orange zest

Whisk together ingredients and drizzle over cooled cake.

Note:  You could also frost this cake with my cream cheese frosting recipe and add the orange zest to the frosting or use any frosting you like on this cake. This is the only way I make this cake because we like the recipe the way it is posted above. You could make it in a 9 x 13 pan if you like.

Easy Orange Bundt Cake - TSLC2 - Copy

Don’t Forget to Pin! Easy Orange Bundt Cake

You might like to check out these great cake recipes, too:

Kentucky Butter Cake with Rum Sauce
Lemony Chess Cake
Mandarin Orange Cake or Pig Pickin Cake
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below. e-mail signup TSLC

1. I must print this and add it to my Cake Doctor cookbook. I used to make Cake Doctor cakes for my former co-workers frequently before I retired. I love orange cake and I’m sure my neighbors would love it as well.

2. Becky McGee says:

Delicious and so very moist. Truly a winner! Thanks so much for sharing.

3. Linda Onstott Boughton says:

Made the Easy Orange Bundt Cake this weekend. Used an Orange Supreme cake mix I had & a box of cheesecake flavored pudding (my boys do not like french vanilla) . Used both 1t of vanilla & 1t of orange extract, added a cup of dried sweetened cranberries. Poked holes in hot cake in pan and drizzled glaze made of orange juice and 1cup powdered sugar into it & let soak in before removing from pan. My boys LOVED IT. I was informed to make it again soon ! Thanks Southern Lady !!

4. Linda Onstott Boughton says:

Loving all the recipes on here ! Thank you ! Going to try the orange bundt cake but will use a cheesecake flavored pudding mix as my boys detest French vanilla. Lol. I am thinking of making this next fall with some cranberries also , unless you have an orange-cranberry one already ! Linda Onstott Boughton in Wichita Falls Texas

5. Doris Spurlock says:

Love the new look! Will definitely try the Orange Bundt Cake, it sounds wonderful. I like cakes without a lot of frosting to have with coffee in the mornings.

6. Your awesome. Love you good recipes. I enjoy the ones that are quick and easy. I am going to try your orange cake this weekend.
    Your the best! Thanks for sharing with us.

7. hello, I am wanting to make this cake for a potluck event that I am attending this coming Sunday, and I wanted to know if I could bake this in my jelly roll pan, it measures out to be 17by13 inch pan and I wanted to know if I could make this like a sheet cake and if so, could you share with me what the measurements would be on the ingredients?? its my grandmas 104th bday celebration and she loves anything with orange in it:) so please let me know if you can help me out, thank you for all your wonderful recipes , my family is very happy:)

I am sorry I have never made it in a jelly roll pan nor any other pan but a bundt pan. I feel like it would work in a 9 x 13 pan but I just don’t know about a jelly roll pan because the batter is thick and it would be hard to get it to spread over a pan that large. I hope your grandma has a wonderful birthday and I think she would love this cake but that size pan just may not work for this cake. I hope this helps you.

8. Still having difficulty pinning recipes to my board of

You can either click on the P under each post or where it says “Pin it” under each post. You can also copy the address at the top of the page and pin it directly on your page that way. I have tried it every way with no problems.

9. Rita Camtre;; says:

AWESOME and EASY cake recipe. The key word being “easy”! Thank you for giving us wonderful recipes to use when we don’t have time for scratch baking! This was amaing.

10. How rude of the woman who felt a need to tell you about using a mix. Many of us use mixes every day. I am grateful for this recipe, thank you! I will be making this. Have a blessed day.

11. I do not like package food an if you use a packaged cake mix it is not made from start …sorry can not use this cake at all!!!

There are over 800,000 people on the site. Not every recipe will be suitable for every person and we don’t expect it to be. There are plenty of cake recipes on the site that are not from packaged mixes but we do have working Moms and people that prefer something easy and we try to offer something for everyone. If you are not happy with a recipe we certainly don’t expect you to make it, Linda.

• Geez! You are not required to make everything you read. ???

12. We have a pot luck coming up for church so I will be baking a cake for that. Thanks.