This Peanut Butter Puddin’ Cake is wonderful.  If you like peanut butter, you will love this recipe.   Just add a big scoop of ice cream for a real treat.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Jif extra crunchy)
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
2 tablespoons cooking oil (I used Canola)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnut pieces (could use any nut you like)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups hot water
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a spoon.  Add peanut butter, milk, oil and vanilla and mix well with spoon.  Spray an 8 x 8 dish.  Spread batter in bottom. Batter will be thick. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over batter.  Pour hot water on top. Do not mix again.  (I just heat water to boiling in microwave).  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  You will be able to see peanut butter oozing out the top of the cake.  Makes about 8 to 10 servings.  Enjoy!
 Don’t Forget to Pin!  peanut-butter-puddin-cake
attention-new-subscribersFeel free to “share” by clicking the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below.  You can print by clicking on the green printer icon below.

1. Can soy milk or any other milk substitute be used in place of the milk…looking for a vegan dessert

2. Does this need to be eaten warm?

3. Hi , thank you sooo much for this eggless recipe . I tried making the choclate pudding cake n it was awesome !! Everyone liked it n I have shared the recipe with many of my friends who don’t eat eggs. Any other eggless dessert recipe that I can try ???

4. This looks good my son ma
    kes peanut butter pies and I love them

• how does he do his peanut butter pies? ive been lookin for one that you make that its baked… not one of these made with whipped cream and such..i like the REAL bakin stuff,,,,lol….

5. wanda f.grubbs alexander says:

I have all the stuff to make this,My Husband loves sweets and I love to bake .When I make the the stuff from your site it always turns out great….Thank You for what You do and all the great recipes .. I just love your site…

6. Leycia Porter says:

do the know the calorie intake for this

7. I doubled the recipe today. Used 3 cups of water and it turned out fine. Not sure what the results should be if not doubled but we enjoyed it.

8. I wonder if you can use nutella???

9. I love your site….. you give me great reciepes to make my meal planning and cooking so much easier.

10. I just finished prepping everything, put it in the oven. The guys can’t wait until its done. Question , if I wanted to do a bigger cake like this, I could just double the recipe, do I add the same amount of hot water to the top for a bigger pan?

• I have not doubled this recipe but there is a recipe for chocolate pudding cake on here that you make in a 9 x 13 and you use the same amount of water as here. I would not double the water amount.

• Diane Faircloth says:

I have not made this yet but In my opinion, if you doubled the recipe you would double the water also…

11. Cindy Matthews says:

Quick question. It’s called “pudding cake” but there is no pudding listed as an ingredient? Just checking to be sure it wasnt an error.

12. Just had to make it!! It’s yummy! Thanks Judy! My family and I love your recipes! I used honey roasted peanuts and walnuts!

13. would you please do a recipe for stuffed green peppers please

.. thank .. love your web site.. mary w

14. As soon as I saw the picture and read the name of the recipe my mouth started to water! This looks delicious! I’ll have to make it for my Dad who loves peanut butter. (I can get a taste, too) 🙂

15. Vickie Gillespie says:

I read the info about clicking on the name of the recipe and saving or printing as a pdf. When I clicked on this recipe it didn’t bring up another page. Didn’t get a notice about pop ups either. I copied and pasted but I’d like to do it an easier way if possible.

As for the recipe, sounds wonderful, I can’t wait to try it.

• That’s because you went straight to the recipe from the Facebook page. If you are on the actual recipe you should see where it says “Print/pdf at the bottom of the page. Click on that to print the recipe.

16. I think you are amazing, and I am so grateful for your recipe ideas! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with great menu ideas for our family!

17. Diane Faircloth says:

Can you use self rising flour insted of all purpose flour?

18. Sylvia Shelnutt says:

How in this world do you eat all the wonderful food that you post? You either have a houseful of kids, dinner guest nightly or a metabolism off the chart. I could only make this type of desert for a special occasion or to take to someone as a gift.

Sent from my iPad

• I try to pace myself and eat in moderation. I gained some weight during Christmas this year and am trying very hard to lose it. I always lose in summer because I am so active, mow my own yard, love to garden, etc. but winter I have to watch it.

19. Oh my, Luv Peanut Butter, can’t wait until I can get this in the oven tomorrow, looks delicious!

20. This looks so good! Can the chocolate chips be left out? As I don’t like chocolate, I know its strange to hear someone doesn’t like it. Also what is a regualr puddin cake, never heard of this before.