Blueberry Cream Cheese Butter Cake - Copy

This cake is so good and the lemon glaze makes it even better.  Blueberries are one of my very favorite things. I promise you it won’t last long.

1 box Kroger Butter Recipe Cake Mix
3 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, melted
3.5 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup walnut pieces
In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, and eggs. Mix well with mixer.  Add milk and melted margarine, cream cheese and water and continue mixing.  Batter will be thick. Fold in blueberries and walnut pieces. Spray your cake pan well. Cook in preheated 350 degrees oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center is cooked.  Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from pan.
 Blueberry Cream Cheese Butter Cake
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups (more or less) confectionery sugar
Mix ingredients in a small pan over low heat on the stove stirring with a whisk until melts and desired consistency.  Punch holes in cake with toothpick and pour glaze over cake. Use any remaining glaze to pour over individual pieces.

1. Barbara M. Jenkins says:

Most or all cake mixes have changed from 18 oz to 15 1/2 oz, does this make a difference in the result or do you have to adjust the recipe.

2. Cake fell, very disappointed. Baked for 65 minutes and tester came out clean. Smells wonderful.

3. Don’t have instant puddings and live in Mts away from a store, can I use cook and serve pudding mix?

4. Would a tube pan work with this? The kind of pan used for angel food cake? I have all the ingredients but not a bundt pan.

• The introduction said to use flour, not cake flour, but the recipe said to use Kroger cake mix which obviously has cake flour. For those that don’t know, cake flour is more finely ground and much lighter. This might be why the cakes are falling.

• Delicious! Def a keeper! I used thawed frozen blueberries & left out the nuts. Very rich, dense cake and the lemon glaze is an awesome touch! Thanks for the recipe! Will make again!

Thank you so much Donna! So happy you liked the cake recipe and happy you enjoy this cake.

5. Do you use bottled or fresh lemon juice?

6. Jeanie Welch says:

I made it today with lemon pudding and it was great.

7. I have made this twice, failed both times. Not sure why, all of your other recipes come out spot on. I have used both a tube and a bundt pan and even though a wooden skewer came out clean in 55-60 mins, it fell both times and was wet in the middle.

8. The Southern Lady says:

Any butter cake mix should work.

9. I accidentally use condensed milk instead of evaporated milk it was wonderful. I made it tonight like the recipe said it came out fine.

10. Michelle C says:

This is so delicious!! I took it this past weekend to a company picnic & everyone raved about it!! I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for the wonderful & easy recipe!!

11. This cake recipe sound delish!! My family LOVES lemon and blueberry. Could I make this more lemon flavored by using lemon pudding instead of the vanilla? Would lemon cake mix and lemon pudding be to much?

12. glynis west says:

This looks so good I want to try this

13. Martha Hornsby says:

I’ve made this cake several times and followed the recipe as written. Everyone loves it and asks me to share the recipe with them which I have. I’ve made several of your recipes and every one is great including the blueberry dump cake…thank you so much for your recipes.

Martha, I am so glad you are enjoying the recipes! Thank you for letting me know. Enjoy your day.

14. I’m a southern girl living in Canada….no butter cake mixes. Any suggestions for the best substitute?

15. This is in the oven as I type. The aroma is making my mouth water. I can’t wait to try it. Thank you.

16. Can you use buttermilk instead of evaporated milk

17. Gaye Moore says:

Cake recipe looks divine! The questions crack me up!!

18. Is it possible to make without nuts?

19. Can frozen blueberries be substituted?

20. Do you have to use carnation milk can not stand the smell

21. Hi can you tell me since you are poking holes in the cake do you pour the glaze over the warm cake or wait until it cools completely. Thanks

22. I love to make this cake looks delicious

23. Does this have to be refrigerated.

24. I bet this would also be good using either red raspberries or fresh cranberries in place of the blueberries. Maybe even cherries, blackberries, peaches, etc.

25. Made with cranberries and it was delish.

26. Carolyn Kleinschmidt says:

Could you use a 9×13 pan for this….Love you site, posting continually and have friends using it now!

27. Debbie Meads says:

I am probably staring right at it, but how do you add a recipe tp thr recipe box? Love the site!!

Look at the bottom of the recipe where it says “print/pdf and click on that. You can save it in pdf form or print it.

28. I used blackberries instead of blueberries and this was delicious! The cake is so rich and moist. I loved it at breakfast with a cup of coffee! This recipe is definitely a keeper!

29. I like making a bundt cake when making a dessert table for a party. They stay moist when they have a glaze like yours. They are easy to slice when people help themselves. I will be adding this recipe to my list as I love blueberries and lemon.

30. This sounds fantastic!! Looks delicious! 🙂

31. Yummy! This looks fantastic! Blueberry, and lemon always go good together! I wished I had a slice of this great goodness with my coffee right now 🙂

32. Can this be made with any butter cake mix? We don’t have Kroger mixes here.