This is a quick and easy recipe for these great baked beans. Serve them as a side dish anytime.

2 (15 oz.) cans pork-n-beans, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon molasses or dark syrup
2 slices bacon
Drain beans, combine with all other ingredients in an oven safe casserole dish.  Place bacon slices on top.  Cook uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Enjoy!
Note:  You can make these beans in the crockpot, too.  Just throw all ingredients in the crockpot and cook about 4 hours.  If you cook a long time, the beans will get mushy. I make them in the crockpot a lot.
You may also like:
Maple Baked Beans with Sausage
Hawaiian Beans and Wieners
Old Fashioned Ice Box Slaw
Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder

1. Love your site. Your recipes are my “go to” recipes. Going to make these…how many will this serve? Thanks do much!!!

2. Susan Ferguson says:

Southern Baked Beans Recipe:
    Do I use blackstrap molasses?

I have never tried them with blackstrap molasses but I guess you could use them. I just use regular molasses.

3. This is the way my mother taught me to fix baked beans many years ago…I have married 55 + years…much better than the canned baked beans….

4. I fry out a few slices of bacon and then saute chopped onion in the bacon grease until tender. Add onion and grease to the beans. Then I put a couple of slices on raw bacon on top and cook until bacon looks done and beans start to dry out.

5. Super easy and delicious!!!!!

6. My Granny has been making this recipe for a long time we have requests at church for us to bring the baked beans this recipe is the Best !

7. They are excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. This sounds great and easy!….but if you cook them in a crockpot….for 4 hours……that’s on low heat ….right?

9. Hi LeeAnn, Iwould love to have your sister’s recipe for baked beans Bonnie

10. I love The Southern Lady Recipes and sayings. I also like the idea of pineapple chunks in the baked beans, going to try this one…husband is on a pineapple kick lately.

11. I add 1 tsp worchestershire sauce to mine also

12. Barbara B. says:

I fry the bacon and add some of the bacon grease. Then when the beans are ready to serve, I crumble the bacon over the top. That’s much better than the half raw bacon floating around on top.

13. jerry cundiff says:

Add crushed or tidbit pineapple, delish!

14. H. Huser says:

My recipe is the same except I add a little green pepper and also a little browned hamburger to them.I love this sight!!!!!!!!!!

15. MMMM…this is what i like old fashioned hearty and HOMEMADE !

16. runbikeride says:

You make the best baked beans! I wish I had some right now!!

Love ya!