This strawberry praline salad is one of our favorites. It’s a great addition to any meal and super easy to make. I double it for large gatherings because it never last long. The pecans and the pretzels go so well together and it’s wonderful for any holiday meal. Looks festive on the table and it’s delicious. Only a handful of simple ingredients and you can throw this side dish together in no time.
Strawberry Praline Salad Ingredients Needed:
The combination of the pretzels, brown sugar, butters and pecans is so good. Plus it give this delicious dish that toasted flavor of pecans. You can always save some of the praline mixture to sprinkle on the top once you mix it all up to make it look more festive on the table. I love to top with extra chopped strawberries too. You could easily make this gluten free by using gluten free pretzels.
Of course if you love this salad, you may love this classic too! Pistachio salad has been a holiday staple for many people and it looks great on the table too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Strawberry Praline Salad
- 1.5 cups of pretzels broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup of butter 1 stick, melted
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3- 4 cups of strawberries sliced into small pieces
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- t tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine melted butter, pretzels, brown sugar and pecan in a bowl. Once mixed, spread evenly on baking pan and bake for 6 minutes until golden brown. Let cool. I put mine in the fridge to harden.
- In a bowl, combine white sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and cool whip. Mix with mixer until well combined. Fold in strawberries and break up pretzel mixture and fold in as well. You can set some aside to garnish on top for decoration. Serve cold. I let chill in the fridge for a few hours.
Be sure and pin this delicious Strawberry Praline Salad:
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.