This Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Rice Casserole is one your family will love! Super easy to make and a wonderful hearty dish. Great for a busy night because you can throw this together quickly. Everyone in my family loved it and went back for seconds.
Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Rice Casserole Ingredients Needed:
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Beef or Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper
This casserole makes an excellent potluck dish. It’s easy to make and goes with just about anything. People always ask if you have to brown the smoked sausage, technically most smoked sausages you don’t have to brown. In the case of this recipe, the combination of green peppers, onion, celery and sausage browned together gives this casserole a much better flavor.
You can easily freeze this dish and it last for about 5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
If you love this dish you will also love our Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Sausage. It’s a great one has always been a hit with my family!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Smoked Sausage and Rice Casserole
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut in rounds
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown sausage, onions, green pepper and celery.
- Add soup, broth, milk and rice. Stir in garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle on remaining 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Makes about 6 servings. Keeps several days refrigerated
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.