This Sausage Macaroni and Cheese Skillet recipe is an easy meal to throw together on a busy day and it’s good, too! This dish is loaded in flavor and reheats well! It will keep in the fridge for several days. Just add a little milk, stir and reheat either in the microwave or on the stove. We love this meal with my Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins.
Sausage Macaroni and Cheese Skillet Ingredients Needed:
Smoked or polish sausage
Green Bell pepper
Green onion (can use regular onion)
Salt, more or less
Frozen peas (could use fresh or canned)
Shredded cheddar cheese
The combination of the milk and chicken broth really gives this dish a creamy great flavor. We love that you don’t have to precook the pasta! That always saves time in the kitchen and this dish comes out tasting great. One thing I do a little differently is buy the 8 ounce block of cheddar and shred it myself. I really do feel that adds a different texture to the cheese.
If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we love easy casserole and skillet meals. We have a digital cookbook dedicated to just those recipes. With over 1500 recipes on our site, we take our favorites and combine them in one book for your easy viewing. Learn more about our shop HERE!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sausage, Mac and Cheese Skillet
- 1 14 ounce package smoked or polish sausage, sliced in rounds
- 4 tablespoons butter or 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion can use regular onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less
- 1 cup frozen peas could use fresh or canned
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add sausage rounds, green pepper, onion and garlic. Brown ingredients. Add chicken broth, uncooked macaroni, pepper, salt and peas.
- Turn heat to low and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until pasta is tender and peas are cooked. Add the milk and cheese. Mix well and turn heat to warm. Let cheese melt
Follow us on Instagram!
Don’t forget to Pin our Sausage Mac and Cheese Skillet for later!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.