These Sausage Cheese Grits Muffins are wonderful with soup on a cold day or with any meal. Serve them for breakfast with coffee and eggs. Grits are a Southern staple. I love these with butter and coffee in the mornings. They will keep for several days in or out of the refrigerator and warm up great in the microwave or oven.
Sausage Cheese Grits Muffins Simple Ingredients:
These muffins would be the perfect addition to any gathering and would ideal for a brunch. These are also great to make on a Sunday and enjoy during the week. They reheat well and I do think they would freeze just fine. If you like spice you could easily use hot pork sausage to add a little more kick!
If you like these muffins you may also love these Sausage Cheese Biscuits. If you have followed our website for any amount of time you know we love biscuits. I think there are over 40 biscuit recipes on our website.
Full printable recipe in recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sausage and Cheese Grits Muffins
- 1/2 pound pork sausage cooked
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of cooked quick-cooking grits (1/4th cup uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage in a skillet like hamburger, drain and set aside. Whisk together flour, grits, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in melted butter, eggs, buttermilk with a spoon mixing well.
- Fold in sausage and shredded cheese. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, add batter and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Be sure and PIN these Sausage and Cheese Grits Muffins:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder