This Pizza Pasta Casserole is one you will come back to time after time. If you like pizza, you will love this casserole. Easy to make, keeps well in the refrigerator for several days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave. Most children will like this casserole as well as adults. Just add some garlic bread and a salad for a great meal.
Pizza pasta ingredients you will need:
Ground beef (Could use ground turkey, pork sausage or Italian sausage)
Uncooked pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
Dried basil (could use fresh basil)
Sliced mushrooms (can or fresh)
Mozzarella cheese (Can use whatever cheese you like)
This recipe is so versatile and you can make this using the toppings you love. You could even make it vegetarian by loading it up with lots of vegetables. It’s a great dish to serve for a gathering! Double the pasta and make two.. one with pepperoni and one with sausage. You can add Canadian bacon, ham, green olives, red onion. So many delicious possibilities. This dish reheats well too.
Note: I kept some of the olives and pepperoni to spread on top of the cheese just to make it look better. You don’t have to do this. You could add ham to this and experiment with the spices. It is very versatile. We like it just as I posted because it tastes just like pizza.
“I made this recipe for my teenage boys and they all loved it. I actually made two.. one with pepperoni and one with sausage. It’s so easy and such a great dish to enjoy on a busy night. I love all of your recipes! I recently bought your magazine Front Porch Life and it’s wonderful too. Thank you for all you and your family do!” – Denise
If you love this easy dish you will also love our Cabbage Roll Casserole. it has wonderful reviews and is one of our favorites!
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pizza Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef Could use ground turkey, pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup of uncooked pasta cooked according to package directions and drained (Can use whatever pasta you want such as macaroni, spaghetti, rotini. I used penne)
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil could use fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 6 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese Can use whatever cheese you like
- Brown ground beef, green pepper and onion in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain well and spread in bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well and spread on top of ground beef mixture. In a bowl whisk together the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano and Italian seasoning. Pour over the hamburger and pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle on the mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni slices and add cheese on top. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Be sure and pin pizza pasta casserole.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.