Pineapple coconut loaf cake is so good, you’ll want to make it over and over.
This Pineapple Coconut Loaf Cake makes a great dessert to serve family and friends. If you like pineapple and coconut, you will love this cake. We like the glaze below on the cake because it just adds more pineapple taste. The cake smells great while cooking and you will be ready to sample it when it comes out of the oven. I can eat it for breakfast with a cup of coffee. You might also like our recipe for this old fashioned fruit cocktail lunchbox cake.
Pineapple coconut loaf ingredients you will need:
almond extract (could use vanilla extract)
shredded or flaked coconut
Glaze ingredients needed:
vanilla extract, Optional
This easy loaf cake is a very popular recipe and wonderful to enjoy anytime of the year. We do love it in the spring and summer. Wonderful addition to any wedding shower, baby shower, derby party, brunch. etc.
“This is my family’s favorite cake! It’s so easy and beyond flavorful. The pineapple and coconut is so refreshing. I get asked to bring this to every family function. Thank you for another great recipe!” – Kasey
“This loaf cake was delicious! My family loved it! I checked out your digital magazine and it’s wonderful. Can’t wait to get to cooking!” – Frances
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pineapple Coconut Loaf
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract could use vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (save 1/4 cup of the juice)
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
Glaze for cake:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Optional
- Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract until smooth with mixer. Whisk together flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture along with milk and drained pineapple.
- Fold in coconut. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes until center tests done. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Add the glaze.
- Whisk together and drizzle over cooled cake.
Pin for later!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? Join 1000’s of others who love our premium content not found on our website. It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder