Pineapple Banana Bread is one of my favorite recipes. We always have bananas at my house and I am always looking for new recipes using bananas. I made this bread using vanilla wafers, pineapple juice and nuts for the topping and we loved it. The vanilla wafers really add such a wonderful texture to this bread!
Pineapple Banana Bread Ingredients Needed:
Whole Wheat Flour
All Purpose Flour
White Granulated Sugar
Brown Sugar ( light or dark)
20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
Pineapple juice from can of crushed pineapple
Walnuts or pecans
This bread was a total experiment that turned out wonderful! Believe me.. we have made some that didn’t, but this is part of having fun in the kitchen. You can always leave the nuts off if you don’t like them. I think you could try different fruits in this bread but I haven’t tried it yet.
This recipe makes two loaves of bread which is wonderful for any gathering! It never last long at my house. We love to heat it up and put butter on it. So good!
We love vanilla wafers and one of our favorite cakes is the Old Fashioned Vanilla Wafer Cake. For crushing the wafers, I just put them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin.
If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we have a lot of banana bread recipes. We are a family that enjoys making quick breads and they are wonderful to enjoy with a cup of coffee. This Maple Banana Bread is one of our favorites too!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pineapple Banana Bread with Nutty Vanilla Wafer Topping
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (I used Canola)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 medium bananas peeled and mashed. (Mine were overripe)
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice for the topping
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers I put them in a plastic Ziploc bag and crush them with the rolling pin)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces can use more and any nut you like
- Mix all dry ingredients together with a whisk in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil, sour cream, mashed bananas and crushed pineapple and mix with a mixer. Pour into two sprayed 9 inch loaf pans. Add topping.
- Mix together wafer crumbs with pineapple juice and sugar. Drop by teaspoon on top of bread mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts or nuts.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 60 to 65 minutes until done in center.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder