This Peach crisp is a wonderful dessert to serve anytime. Just add some ice cream to this crisp and you have a great dessert for friends and family. This peach crisp has lots of peaches and that makes it even better. You can use fresh or frozen peaches in this recipe. It is very versatile. Southerners love their peaches and this Southern dish is one you will make over and over again.
Peach Crisp Ingredients Needed:
Canned Peaches + Syrup from can (okay to use fresh peaches, you will just add water)
All Purpose Flour
As you can see this is very simple ingredients but this dish has a wonderful flavor. We always add extra cinnamon because we are a family that LOVES cinnamon on everything. This crisp is made in a smaller pan but you could easily double the recipe. We love these small desserts because they are perfect for just a few people without a lot of leftovers.
While most crisps are made with nuts and oats this one is different and it has quickly become one of our favorites. Its more similar to a cobbler but the taste is just incredible and it never last over a day when we make it. The combination of cinnamon and nutmeg with the peaches really makes this dish delicious. Now… I am thinking about how I can make this with different fruits?!
Peach Crisp Reviews:
“This was wonderful! I made it with freshly picked and very juicy peaches. I used milk as that s what I had. Will make this again!” – Pam
“This Peach Crisp was so easy to make and my whole family loved it. My husband asked me to make it again this weekend. I love your recipes, they take me right back to my childhood. Please keep sharing and I love your magazine Front Porch Life too! It’s fantastic.” – Gina
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2 (15.25 ounce cans of sliced peaches drained (reserve liquior about 4 cups fresh peaches
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine or 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup syrup from canned peaches or 1 cup water if using fresh peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Drain peaches reserving liquid if using canned peaches and spread in bottom of a 9 x 9 inch sprayed baking dish. Cream together butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar with mixer. Add the flour, baking powder and milk. Mix well. Spread over peaches with a spoon.
- Whisk together 3/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the batter on the peaches. Bring the 1 cup of water or peach juice to a boil in the microwave and then pour over the batter and peaches. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55 to 60 minutes. Serve with topping of your choice or ice cream. Makes about 8 servings.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.