Mozzarella cornbread muffins are easy to make and delicious.
My family loves these mozzarella cornbread muffins with any kind of soup. They are wonderful hot slathered with butter right out of the oven. I even like them with my favorite jams and jellies. These muffins keep well for several days out of the fridge in a cool place. Reheat in the oven or microwave. Recipe could be doubled for a crowd as they would be wonderful to serve with a big pot of soup during tailgating season or anytime you just want to have friends and family over for a quick meal. They make a great gift along with a jar of soup for a neighbor. These muffins are a delicious bread to serve with any meal. I can eat them for a snack! You might also like to check out our recipe for sweet cornbread mini muffins.
Mozzarella cornbread muffins are a favorite with my family.
2 cups regular yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup self-rising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 teaspoons cooking oil
Whisk together the yellow cornmeal, self-rising flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, cayenne and rubbed sage. Stir in the eggs, buttermilk and cheese. Put 1/2 teaspoon of oil in each of the muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill cups with cornmeal mixture. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes until brown on top. Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!
Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins
- 2 cups regular yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 teaspoons cooking oil
- Whisk together the yellow cornmeal, self-rising flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, cayenne and rubbed sage. Stir in the eggs, buttermilk and cheese. Put 1/2 teaspoon of oil in each of the muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill cups with cornmeal mixture.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes until brown on top.
Don’t forget to pin mozzarella cornbread muffins.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.