This delicious macaroni and cheese casserole is always a hit!
My family loves macaroni and cheese. I do believe any one of us could eat it every day. This macaroni and cheese casserole is a great twist on a classic! The topping on this dish takes this one to the next level. My family just loved this dish and it’s a wonderful addition to any meal. It’s perfect for any holiday gathering or potluck. I can honestly say I always end up with an empty bowl whenever I serve this dish.
Ingredients Needed for Macaroni and Cheese Casserole:
Shredded Colby/monteray jack cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe Feedback: “Wow! I made this for a family dinner and there were no leftovers. How can you go wrong with macaroni and cheese with Cheez-its? It was great”-Nikki
“This is a great dish. My husband said it’s definitely a keeper!-Lacey
If you like this easy casserole then you may want to try our chicken cordon bleu casserole. It has fantastic reviews and is wonderful for a busy weeknight dinner.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- 1 16 ounce box of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup of butter or 1 stick
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of shredded Colby/monteray jack cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of crushed Cheez-It crackers
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box (I cook mine 8 minutes) and then drain. Melt the butter in a skillet, whisk in flour and cook approximately 1 minute. Increase heat to medium and add milk to flour mixture. Cook approximately 5 minutes, until thick and starts to bubble.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Add pasta and all seasonings and spoon in to a 9X13 or 3 quart casserole dish. Add crushed crackers (and more shredded cheese if you like) to the top and bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes. I like to stir it all up once it's done so that the crackers are throughout the casserole. Serves 8.
Be sure and pin this delicious Macaroni and Cheese Casserole:
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Pinterest.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.