Sausage pepperoni skillet is easy and great comfort food.
Make this Italian sausage pepperoni skillet meal for you family on any weeknight or anytime you just want a delicious dish. Serve this with toasted Italian bread and it can’t be beat especially if you like Italian food. We can eat this meal summer or winter because my family loves anything with pasta in it. I usually make my own bread by just toasting regular bread in the oven under the broiler with butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. You could double this recipe for a crowd or cut it in half for a few people. It keeps well refrigerated and is just as good when reheated and maybe even better. We like to sprinkle on some grated Parmesan cheese, too. You might also like our recipe for 4 ingredients hobo stew.
Sausage pepperoni skillet will become a quick favorite to make for family and friends.
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup pepperoni slices
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
Brown Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and pepperoni in a large skillet. Drain, if needed. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook about 25 minutes on medium low or until pasta is cooked, stirring a couple times. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!
Italian Sausage Pepperoni Skillet
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rotini pasta uncooked
- Brown Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and pepperoni in a large skillet. Drain, if needed. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook about 25 minutes on medium low or until pasta is cooked, stirring a couple times. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Don’t forget to pin Italian sausage pepperoni skillet. Click here to follow us on Instagram..© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.