Green chili, pinto bean and tomato tortillas is a very versatile recipe and can be used in several different ways. You can also make a great dip with this recipe to serve at gatherings, tailgating or anytime you have family and friends over.
Green chili, pinto beans and tomatoes made in a skillet.1 lb. breakfast pork sausage 1 small onion, chopped 1 small green pepper, chopped 1 cup celery, chopped (optional) 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (I use the mild but can use hot) 1 (15 1/2 oz) can Glory pinto beans, drained 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon cumin dash hot sauce (optional) Tortillas or tortilla chips or taco shells shredded cheese of your choice sour cream Brown sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in skillet. Add the rest of the ingredients except chips, cheese and sour cream. Simmer about 15 minutes. Serve on tortillas with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Note: You can mash this mixture with a fork and serve with tortilla chips as a dip. You can also fill several tortilla wraps with mixture, place in a baking pan, sprinkle with cheese of your choice, bake about 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven until cheese melts and you have a meal. Serve with sour cream. This is great for tacos, just add lettuce and some shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!
Green Chili, Pinto Bean, and Tomato Tortillas
- 1 lb. breakfast pork sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped (optional)
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (I use the mild but can use hot)
- 1 15.5 oz can Glory pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- dash hot sauce optional
- Tortillas or tortilla chips or taco shells
- shredded cheese of your choice
- sour cream
- Brown sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in skillet. Add the rest of the ingredients except chips, cheese and sour cream. Simmer about 15 minutes. Serve on tortillas with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.