This fresh peach pudding is easy, delicious and you will love it with ice cream or whipped cream. Super easy to make and a wonderful addition to any gathering. Get your fresh peaches and enjoy this wonderful dessert with your family and friends.
Fresh Peach Pudding Ingredients Needed:
Peaches cut in chunks
Evaporated milk (could use regular milk)
Butter or margarine, melted
I have made this recipe a few times and remade it yesterday to update the photos. The top got a little more brown than usual and I am not sure why, however it was delicious! None left and we all loved it, so it didn’t change the taste at all. I also made it in a 9 inch pie plate instead of a 8X8 but I am not sure that really made any difference.
“Made this tonight. We loved it. My daughter is not a sweet eater and she had seconds and said this is her “new “favorite dessert.” Love your website. Saw so many recipes I plan on trying.” – Kristine
“My husband comes from Union, SC. I am from the west coast. I used your recipe for Peach Puddin and served it to him. As he was gobbling it I asked him, “Where do you think I got this recipe from?”. His immediate response was, “Southern Lady Cooks, ’cause only Southern Ladies know how to make this!” – Lisa
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Fresh Peach Puddin
- 3 cups peeled peaches cut in chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 cup boiling water
- Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray. Add fresh peaches on the bottom. In a separate bowl combine sugar, salt, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well with wire whisk. Add milk and butter to bowl and continue mixing with a spoon.
- Spread this evenly over peaches. Bring one cup of water to boil and pour this over the flour mixture. DO NOT MIX THE WATER INTO THE DISH. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55 to 60 minutes until top is set. Makes about 10 servings. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Follow us on Instagram!