This Dutch Apple Pie may be at the top of the list. We recently remade it update the photos and now I know why I it is such a hit. This pie is absolutely wonderful and so easy to throw together. This would be the perfect dessert for any gathering!
Dutch Apple Pie Ingredients Needed:
(9 inch) pie shell either homemade or bought (This one is a bought shell)
Walnuts or pecans
The topping is what really make this pie! The brown sugar, butter, nuts and raisins are so good in this pie and most people that don’t like raisins still love this pie. If you don’t like them, simply leave them out. It won’t hurt the recipe!
You can use any apples you like in this pie, I have used many different varieties and it always comes out delicious. We think this pie is so good it doesn’t even need ice cream! If you love apple recipes you will also love this great Fresh Apple Cake! It’s always a hit too.
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
“I love apple pie and had never had one like this, I decided to make it today. It is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing, I agree it doesn’t need ice cream!” – Jody
“This is my new favorite Fall pie recipe. I always make an apple pie for Thanksgiving and this is the one I am making this year. We all loved it! I love our website and your magazine, please keep the recipes coming!” -Dana
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Dutch Apple Pie
- 4 medium apples cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 9 inch pie shell either homemade or bought (This one is a bought shell)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Place apples in a bowl along with lemon juice and toss to coat. Add brown and white sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well with spoon. Place apples in pie shell. Add raisins on top of the apples. In the same bowl, mix ingredients for the topping except for the butter and spread over the apples. Cut up the butter over the topping.
- Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 more minutes.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.Don’t Forget to Pin! Follow us on Instagram! © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.