Fresh Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a wonderful cake your friends and family will love! It’s the perfect Fall dessert. Spend a day at the orchard and then come home and make this delicious cake. We love apple recipes, the combination of apples, cinnamon and cream cheese is always good.
Fresh Apple Cake Ingredients Needed:
Cooking oil or butter
Cream cheese frosting ingredients needed:
Cream cheese, softened
I just peel and grate the apples on one of those tin hand graters, which I find is the easiest way to grate apples. Plus it finely grates them and make this cake nice and moist. This cake is made in a 9X13 and comes together pretty quickly after you grate the apples.
- I have used all kinds of apples in this cake so use what you enjoy!
- We love the cream cheese frosting, but caramel frosting would be good to! Find a great recipe here.
- All apples very in size so it’s hard to say exactly how many you need. I used about 4 apples for this recipe.
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Fresh Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 cups apples grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup nuts optional
Cream cheese frosting:
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 box powdered sugar 16 oz
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and eggs. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and ground nutmeg
- Add to the creamed mixture along with vanilla and grated apples. Mix all with the mixer. Fold in nuts.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool.
- Whip all frosting ingredients together with mixer until smooth and of spreading consistency.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Pin this delicious Fresh Apple Cake:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.