Picante chicken will become a favorite recipe.
Picante chicken is made in the crock pot and is so easy. You can make it as hot and spicy as you like. It’s great served over rice or noodles. We love to use our crockpot, especially when we’re super busy. It’s so nice to just throw something in and have a meal several hours later.
The definition of Picante is: prepared in such a way as to be spicy or having a sauce typically containing tomatoes, onions, and peppers. This recipe meets the definition! Picante chicken is a delicious change and a recipe you will go back to time and again.
Ingredients for Picante Chicken:
3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (Could use any parts of the chicken)
Can of diced tomatoes and green chilis (I used the original Rotel)
Can of cream of mushroom soup
Chopped green and red peppers (could use all green or all red or hot peppers)
Recipe Notes: You can always use MILD Rotel’s for a less spicy dish and leave out the hot sauce. You could also use HOT Rotel’s and more hot sauce if you want this dish EXTRA hot and spicy.
You may also want to try our Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Crock Pot Picante Chicken
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (Could use any parts of the chicken)
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 10 ounccan diced tomatoes and green chilis (I used the original
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10.5 ounccan cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped green and red peppers could use all green or all red or hot peppers
- few drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken pieces in bottom of crockpot. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook 6 to 7 hours on low until chicken is done or 3 to 4 hours on high. Makes 4 servings depending on amount of chicken you use
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Crock Pot Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli. Don’t Forget to Pin Picante Chicken! Follow us on Instagram. Follow us on Pinterest © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.