Macaroni and cheese is a great side dish for any meal. Your family will love the richness of this easy recipe for this old favorite. This recipe has many great reviews and it is perfect for any occasion. Serve it during holidays, take it to any gathering or just make it for family and friends at home. We can’t get enough of this dish and if you take it somewhere, you won’t bring any home. Macaroni and cheese goes great with our recipe for Southern baked beans.
Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients Needed:
Sharp cheddar cheese
You can easily double this recipe for a bigger gathering, I always double it for the holidays. If you double the recipe you can make it in a 9X13. My family loves this dish and always requests it. If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we love baked macaroni. I really feel like this baked macaroni is wonderful because it is still creamy.
“I am a mac ‘n cheese aficionado and i am always looking for a good mac ‘n cheese recipe. I made this today and I am throwing out all my other recipes for this dish. Some assembly required but didn’t have to make cream sauce. I used penne and pepper jack. I am going to add lobster and serve at Thanksgiving!” – Sweet
“Love love this Mac and Cheese!! It’s the best Mac and Cheese ever. I play with the adding different cheeses. It’s for sure my families favorite!!!” – Stacy
“I have been making mac ‘n cheese for many years. Followed this recipe last month and now my family asks for it a couple of times a week. I think your recipe has now become my “signature dish!”- Susan
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup velveeta cheese or 8 ounces cut into pieces If you don't like velveeta, just add 3 cups cheddar instead of 2
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain. Add butter and cheeses to macaroni and mix well Beat egg, milk, sour cream, pepper and salt together with a wire whisk. Add to macaroni and cheese.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and add macaroni. Cook covered with foil in a 350 degree preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes. This makes about six servings. You can double the recipe if needed.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.Don’t Forget to Pin our Macaroni and Cheese recipe! Follow us on Instagram.