Bow-tie pasta salad is great for any holiday or occasion.
This Bow-Tie Pasta Salad recipe will quickly become a favorite when you need a great salad to serve friends and family. Every year I get hooked on a certain salad and want to eat it all the time. Last year it was the Amish Pasta Salad and this year I can’t stop eating or making this one. It is a very pretty salad and easy to make.
Bow-tie Pasta Salad Ingredients Needed:
Bow-tie pasta, uncooked
Shredded cheese (I use cheddar, can use what you like)
Fresh or frozen sweet peas, uncooked (can cook if you want)
Dried or fresh basil
White granulated sugar
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
You can always add more mayonnaise if you feel like you need it or like the salad more creamy. You can use any type of pasta you have on hand too. This is a great summer salad and goes great with burgers or grilled chicken. You could easily add shrimp, pepperoni, or ham to this salad too. Very versatile.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
- 3 cups bow-tie pasta uncooked
- 3 eggs boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ouncbox cherry tomatoes or about 20 tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 or 5 radishes sliced
- 1 small cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese I use cheddar, can use what you like
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet peas uncooked (can cook if you want)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente and drain well. Combine pasta, eggs, cherry tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, green onions, green pepper, cheese and peas. Toss well with spoon. Sprinkle on celery seeds, salt, basil, sugar and vinegar. Add mayonnaise and mix all ingredients well with spoon. Refrigerate at least 3 or 4 hours to let flavors marry. Makes 8 to 10 servings. This keeps well in the refrigerator and recipe could be cut in half.
Be sure and PIN this Bow Tie Pasta Salad for later:
Click to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.