This Blueberry Ginger Bread is one of our favorites! If you love blueberries you will love this bread. It’s super easy to make and wonderful with a cup of coffee. We love it right out of the oven but it keeps well too. There is something about the blueberries with the ginger that gives this bread a wonderful taste. Plus it’s made with buttermilk which keeps it nice and moist.
Blueberry Ginger Bread Ingredients Needed:
Butter or margarine, softened
Molasses (I used sorghum, can use any kind)
Fresh blueberries (can use frozen)
This bread would also make a wonderful gift during the holiday season. The spices really gives it a holiday flavor too. We love the combination of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. If you love making bread you may also love our Best Ever Banana Bread. It’s one of our most popular recipes and it’s super easy to make. You can also check out our delicious Cinnamon Bread. It’s always a hit anytime!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Follow us on Instagram!
Blueberry Ginger Bread
- 1/2 cup or one stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses I used sorghum, can use any kind
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries can use frozen
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, eggs, and sugar together. Add milk and molasses and continue mixing. Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Spray 2 regular sized loaf pans with cooking spray. Pour half the batter in each pan and sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup walnut pieces. Cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 - 15 minutes in pan.
- Remove, slice and enjoy!
Be sure and pin this delicious Blueberry Ginger Bread:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.