Your friends and family will love this Blackberry Coffee Cake and think you made it from scratch. It is easy to make and would make a wonderful dessert with coffee. I love it for breakfast. Blackberries are my favorite berry and I cannot leave them alone when they are in my house.
Blackberry Coffee Cake Ingredients Needed:
Super moist yellow cake mix
White granulated sugar
Pecans or walnuts
Equipment you will Need:
10 inch bundt pan
I have not tried this cake with frozen blackberries but see no reason why you could not use the frozen if thawed and drained well. You can easily make this with fresh blueberries too. It’s a versatile cake and one your family will love.
- Not a fan of nuts, you can leave them out. Would rather use walnuts? Go right ahead
- You can use fresh blueberries too, it’s a very versatile cake.
- I believe this would work with a white cake mix as well, and would be really pretty.
- This cake doesn’t “need” the glaze but we do love the addition.
“I made this cake yesterday substituting fresh blueberries, which I had on hand, for the blackberries. It turned out great! So easy to make with a simple glaze that makes it perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime. I will be making it again!” – Ally
“This cake was soo good! I followed the recipe exactly and it came out wonderful! I plan to make it for my friends baby shower! Thank you for your wonderful recipes. This is my favorite recipe site.” – Cheryl
“I just made this with blueberries instead of blackberries ,because that’s what I had on hand, and my cake mix was golden vanilla rather than yellow. Otherwise I followed the recipe as written. Someone else had asked about the need to dust the berries with some flour to keep them from sinking, but the batter was quite thick, so that was definitely not a problem for me. It turned out wonderfully! We’re going to enjoy this for breakfast, snacks, and desert! Thank you for this recipe!” -Susan
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Blackberry Coffee Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box super moist yellow cake mix
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl using a mixer combine the yellow cake mix, butter, eggs, milk and sour cream. In a smaller bowl combine the blackberries, sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Gently mix together with a spoon.
- Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour in the cake mix batter then gently swirl in the blackberries until covered. I use a kitchen knife to do this.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes checking to make sure cake is done in center. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and remove from cake pan. You can just sprinkle with powdered sugar or add the glaze
- Whisk together and drizzle over cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder