These Sweet Potato biscuits are the best! They are really good slathered with butter and honey and served with coffee. If you are not a sweet potato lover, I bet you will still like these biscuits. They are just plain good! We love them for breakfast, but they are good anytime.
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed
Honey or sugar
Recipe Notes: We love these biscuits slathered in butter and honey. They are also great with jelly, jam, or sorghum.
If you like this recipe, you may love our southern high rise biscuits.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 3/4 cup sweet potato boiled, peeled and mashed (1 medium sweet potato will do it)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Whisk together the flour, sugar or honey, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and buttermilk. Stir to combine all ingredients and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Cut out with a biscuit cutter. (I use a 14- ounce size tin can to cut out these biscuits). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and bake in preheated 450- degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Can brush the tops with melted butter. It makes 10 to 12 biscuits depending on how large you make them.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder