This delicious banana pecan French toast is made with croissants. This breakfast treat is also baked, which is so handy. Super easy to make and a great way to start the day. We love this one topped with syrup and powdered sugar. The spices with this dish really takes this one to a new level. Great for any brunch!
Ingredients Needed for Banana Pecan French Toast
Mini croissants, (can use 4-5 regular sized croissants)
Notes: We make this dish in a cast iron skillet. You could easily use a regular baking dish. My family loves this recipe with powdered sugar and syrup. It would also be great with honey. You could also warm up peanut butter and drizzle it over the top before serving. Bananas and peanut butter are fabulous together. You could also top this dish with whipped cream or ice cream and serve it as a dessert. This is a very versatile recipe.
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try our baked coconut french toast.
Banana Pecan French Toast
- 9 mini croissants cut in half horizontally can use 4-5 regular sized croissants
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of all spice
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, pecans and bananas in a bowl and mix well with spoon. Once mixed add, milk, whipping cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Arrange sliced croissants in cast iron skillet or casserole dish. Pour mixture over croissants. Baked in preheated oven 30 minutes or until center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar or syrup and serve.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Be sure and pin this delicious Banana Pecan French Toast: