Applesauce Spice Cake is super easy to make and is perfect for just a few people. I always make this cake when I have a little applesauce left and want to use it in a cake. This simple cake is made in an 9X9 so it is perfect for just a few people. Many would probably refer this this cake as a “snack” cake, since it’s a small version and you can make it easily.
Applesauce Spice Cake Ingredients needed:
All Purpose Flour
Now you will definitely need all the delicious spices to make this cake so good. We love spice cakes and cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice take any cake to the next level. This cake is wonderful with a cup of coffee! This would be a great addition to any brunch gathering. I love to just sprinkle this cake with powdered sugar however you could always top this with a frosting. Cream cheese frosting is always a hit! If you love simple cakes like this you will also love this easy Cinnamon Flop Cake!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Applesauce Spice Cake
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup nuts I use walnuts, you can use whatever you like
- Whisk together butter, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.
- Pour the flour mixture into the first mixture and mix well with a spoon. Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and add batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes testing for doneness as ovens vary.
- Remove and let cool. Can frost with your favorite frosting or just dust with powdered sugar on top.
Be sure and pin this delicious cake:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.