One of my favorite things in this world is peanut butter. I love and crave the stuff. There is always a jar of peanut butter on my cupboard shelf. This pie is so good. I think your family will love it.

1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked according to package directions or if you make your own, it should be baked
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (could use creamy)
1 1/4 cups confectionery sugar
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 (12 fl. ounce) can evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 eggs separated
1/2 cup regular sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
In a bowl, mix the sugar and peanut butter together using a fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.  Remove 1/2 cup crumbs and set aside.  Spread the rest of the crumbs in the baked pie shell.  Mix together 2 tablespoons margarine, evaporated milk, salt, the 3 egg yolks (keep the whites for the merinque), 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a pan.  Cook on medium heat on top of the stove stirring constantly until thickens. (about 5 to 7 minutes). I remove as soon as it starts to thicken. (This will burn easily so watch it closely).   Pour this over the crumb mixture in the pie shell.  Beat the 3 egg whites until stiff and spread over the pie. Spread remaining crumbs on top of the meringue.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 20 minutes. (I usually turn the broiler on for a few seconds before removing the pie but watch it constantly or it will burn on top).  Makes one pie.  Enjoy!
Note:  I have made this pie and put all the crumbs mixture in the pie and just put plain meringue on top and browned in oven. Both ways are good.
Don’t Forget to Pin!  Peanut Butter Pie
 Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 26,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.
You will be able to “share” these by looking below and clicking on Facebook,  Twitter or Pinterest to share with your friends. Click on the picture of the little printer in the green box below if you want to print this recipe.

1. This recipe was a hit I loved every bit of it and not hard to make

2. I Enjoy your recipe posts

3. I just made this. It looks delish Does it have to be refrigerated?

4. Marilyn Holt says:

Made this today ! Delicious !

5. Caroline Meyer says:

I am confused, does the confectionery sugar go in the pie shell or the meringue? I have the pie shells all ready to go…. Help! I am stuck on silly!

• You mix the confectionery sugar and peanut butter together and divide until like coarse crumbs. Take a cup of this and set aside. Put the rest in the pie shell.Bake your pie shell first, then put in the crumbs all but one cup.Cook the filling and put on top of the crumbs. Make the meringue and put on pie and sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top of the meringue. Hope this helps.

6. It looks so delicious! PB is also one of my favourite things 🙂

7. DeeAnn Demery says:

I was talking about Mary joe Hatton comment, she said She made similar peanut butter pie except she used vanilla pudding mix & cool whip. “…..that’s what comment I was talking about. Thank you…..

8. I have been making P.B. pie for years and it is always a fav. Mine is a little different than yours and I use whipped cream to top the pie and smooth p.b. instead of crunchy. So good.

9. Tonia Lee Miller says:

Lila Hammons Hoyle! Peanut Butter Pie!

10. This pie looks heavenly. I’ll have to make it for my husband soon.

11. Cathy Sexton says:

Even the picture is making my mouth water….LOL Love me some Peanut Butter Pie♥

12. linda s. freeman says:

This sounds like a wonderful receipe

13. I’m going to have to make this for Joe. He keeps a big jar of peanut butter by his place at the table.
    Merry Christmas Judy. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes that have been added to my collection this year. I’ve never had bad results from any of your recipes. Everyone raves about the things I’ve tried.

14. I was going to try peanut butter pie this year for something different to make. Your version looks delicious!