GREEN TOMATO MUFFINS WITH CHEESE

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

Green Tomato Muffins with Cheese - CopyThese cheesy muffins are great and the green tomatoes make them special.  If you have green tomatoes these little treats are well worth the effort.  They make a great addition to any meal.

2 cups green tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup oil (I use Canola)
3/4 cup shredded or grated cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder

TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER1

In a large bowl combine tomatoes, honey, milk, egg, salt, cheese, and oil.   Mix with a spoon.  Add flour and baking powder to mixture.  The batter will be lumpy.  Spray or grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners.   Fill cups about 3/4 full.   Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until brown on top.   Enjoy!
 Green Tomato Muffins with Cheese 2 - CopyDon’t Forget to Pin!
Green Tomato Muffins with Cheese

You may also like:
Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
Cheesy Sausage Muffins
Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

e-mail signup TSLC

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post.

1. I cannot wait to try these. Thanks for another idea for green tomatoes!

2. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe, love them. And I am going to freeze my 2 cups of chopped green tomatoes, and have them ready for whenever I desire these wonderful muffins. And can tell you now it will be often. Simply wonderful, my family members were crazy about them!!

Thank you so much Sheila! That makes me so happy that you and your family enjoy this recipe. Thank you for letting me know.

3. I really want to make these…..

4. Paula Atkinson says:

I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THESE BUT THERE WOULD BE QUITE A FEW LEFT OVER. WOULD THEY FREEZE WELL, DO YOU THINK? THERE ARE ONLY THREE OF US, MY TWO CHILDREN & MYSELF & I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FREEZE SOME FOR ANOTHER TIME. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH ALL YOUR RECIPES THIS MORNING AND I LOVE EVERYTHING I SEE! THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

5. Annie Kasha says:

I was looking for something other than Fried Green Tomato recipes and came across this one. DELISH!! We enjoyed them plain and then tried a lil honey butter and that was good too! Thanks for sharing!

6. wanda f.grubbs alexander says:

I HAVE SOME GREEN TOMATOES IN THE FREEZER I AN GOING TO THAW THEM OUT AND MAKE THESE LITTLE BABYS…THANK YOU SO MUCH ,,,,YOU CAN HAVE GREEN ALL YEAR LONG JUST SLICE THEM,AND PUT ON COOKIE SHEET AND FREEZE THEM .tHEN JUST PUT THEM IN ZIP LOCK FREEZER BAGS..I GAVE SOME TO MY DAUGHTER IN VIRIGINA,SHE SAID THEY WERE AMAZING…..

7. I made these today and I’m happy to say that I LOVE THEM. Though, not nearly as much as my family! Thank you for the amazing recipe.

8. wonder what they would taste like using cornmeal mix instead of flour??? I might give that a try, I like cornbread style muffins better than flour cake like…..

9. In this recipe it calls for milk, sweet or butter milk,,my cousin said sweet, is she correct

10. Wonderful way to use up all of those green ‘maters in the garden!

11. [email protected] says:

Can’t wait to try these !! Thank you !!!

12. Patty Kasiewicz says:

Can’t wait until the garden is ready

13. Oh I think I missed this when I was on vacation. I’m trying to think of how these would taste. I’m sure great, maybe tart and creamy too.

14. Are you going to have any of these left when I get there on Saturday!!

heheh!