These green tomato muffins with cheese are so good! My family loves green tomatoes, so of course, these are a huge hit. If you have green tomatoes, these little treats are well worth the effort. They make a great addition to any meal.
Ingredients Needed for Green Tomato Muffins with Cheese:
Chopped green tomato
Milk or Buttermilk
Oil (I use Canola)
Shredded or grated cheddar cheese
If you like this recipe, you may want to make our fried green tomatoes. They are DELICIOUS!
“Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe; I love them. And I am going to freeze my 2 cups of chopped green tomatoes and have them ready for whenever I desire these wonderful muffins. And can tell you now it will be often. Simply wonderful, my family members were crazy about them!!”-SheilaAre you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Green Tomato Muffins with Cheese
- 2 cups green tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup milk can use buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil I use Canola
- 3/4 cup shredded or grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, honey, milk, egg, salt, cheese, and oil. Mix with a spoon. Add flour and baking powder to mixture. The batter will be lumpy
- Spray or grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners. Fill cups about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until brown on top.
“I made these today and I’m happy to say that I LOVE THEM. Though not nearly as much as my family! Thank you for the amazing recipe.”Don’t Forget to Pin! Follow us on Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses are allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.