Smoked paprika chicken thighs with rice make a great meal.
My family loves smoked paprika and I put it in so many recipes. We love it in deviled eggs and just sprinkled on veggies. Recently, I was looking for recipes with paprika and came across paprika chicken on the internet. There are hundreds of recipes for it and most originated in Hungary. I decided to make it using smoked paprika for my family and they couldn’t have been happier. I used chicken thighs but you can use just about any part of the chicken that you like or even a whole chicken cut up. You might also like our recipe for garlic chicken with roasted vegetables.
Smoked paprika chicken thighs ingredients needed:
Chicken thighs (I used bone-in with skin on)
Sweet green peppers or could use red peppers
This is a wonderful base recipe for any kind of chicken. You can easily use breast but may have to cook it a little longer. The rice with this dish is so creamy and delicious. I find that this dish reheats well too, so leftovers are great the next day. We actually love smoked paprika and use it in a lot of dishes. The flavor is wonderful. Some people say they have a hard time finding it but we have had luck finding it at Walmart. These smoked paprika potatoes are super easy to make and a great side to just about any dish!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs I used bone-in with skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green peppers or could use red peppers
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups instant white rice
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet on top of the stove. In a bowl combine salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cayenne. Roll each chicken thigh in the spice mixture and brown in the butter and oil on both sides until skin is cooked and blackened.
- Remove thighs from skillet and set aside. Add green onion and peppers to skillet and cook. Throw in baby spinach and pour in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil and turn to simmer.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thighs back to the skillet, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit five to 10 minutes before serving so rice will soak up liquid. Garnish with chopped green onions. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Don’t forget to pin smoked paprika chicken thighs.
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.