This Slow Cooker Zesty Chicken is delicious!
This simple slow cooker zesty chicken recipe will make your mouth water! This easy recipe is so versatile, you can enjoy this great chicken many different ways. Delicious served over brown rice with steamed vegetables. You can also top any salad with this wonderful chicken. You might also like to check out our recipe for baked chicken thighs with rice.
Slow cooker zesty chicken makes a great main dish for any meal.
Whole chicken (can remove skin, optional)
Chicken broth or Chicken bouillon
Sesame oil (optional)
Cook this great crock pot whole chicken while you are at work and come home to a wonderful meal. Easy and delicious!
Recipe feedback: “Did the 8 hours on low version yesterday. Took to “remove the skin” route and cut the honey in half (trying really hard to be good). Used some of the juice to make some couscous with browned green onions and mushrooms. It was a splendid dinner and was so very trouble-free. Thanks for the recipe.” – TomAre you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately!
Slow Cooker Zesty Chicken
- 1 whole chicken can remove skin, optional
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Wash chicken and empty cavity. Remove skin if desired. Pat chicken dry and place breast down in slow cooker.
- In a bowl wisk together all the ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Spoon sauce over cooked chicken before serving.