This easy slow cooker taco pasta is a family favorite!
I love anything that can be cooked in the slow cooker. I know a lot of people only think of using their slow cookers during the winter but I use mine all year round. My family really enjoys this slow cooker taco pasta. It takes very little time to put together and the crockpot does the rest of the work. It’s full of flavor and this recipe is really versatile. I have made this dish with ground turkey and ground beef and we love it both ways. You could easily do this with ground chicken or ground pork, too!
Ingredients Needed for Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
Lean ground beef or turkey
Diced sweet peppers
Ro-Tels tomatoes and green chilis (I use the lime and cilantro)
Canned black beans
Mild salsa verde (or your favorite salsa)
Monterey jack cheese, shredded
Notes: you can really make this recipe your own by adding any spices your family enjoys. Also, you can use any type of shredded cheese and salsa. This dish reheats great.
If you like this recipe you may want to try our Crock Pot Beef and Noodles. It has fantastic reviews!
Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
- 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet peppers
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 10 ounce can of Ro-tels I use the lime and cilantro
- 1 15.25 ounce can of corn drained
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans drained
- 1 16 ounce jar of mild salsa verde or your favorite salsa
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 pound of rotini pasta
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Place ground beef or turkey, taco seasoning packet, onion, and sweet peppers in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until done. Drain any grease off of meat. Add meat mixture along with ro-tels, corn, black beans, salsa verde, and cream cheese to your slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6.
- Add chicken broth and pasta to slow cooker, stir and cook for another 10-20 minutes on high until pasta is done. Watch your pasta, all slow cookers heat at different levels. It could cook faster or slower than mine. Mine normally takes a full 20 minutes on high. Once done, stir in cheese and let melt.
- Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cilantro, and guacamole.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Don’t forget to pin our Slow Cooker Taco Pasta:
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.