These crock pot barbecued chicken breasts will make your mouth water! The sauce is wonderful and gives the chicken a great spicy flavor. You can make this using any parts of the chicken or the entire bird. Just double or triple the recipe for the sauce. They make a great busy weeknight meal for family or make them for any occasion.
Crockpot barbecued chicken breasts are easy and make a delicious meal anytime.2 – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2/3 cup tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted 1/4 cup onion, chopped 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon liquid smoke 1/4 teaspoons celery seeds 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or high 4 – 5 hours. Enjoy! Note: This sauce could be used on pork as well as chicken. It gives both meats a great flavor. If you like the above crock pot recipe, you might also like this recipe for Lima Beans with Ham over Rice.
Crock Pot Barbecued Chicken Breasts
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or high 4 – 5 hours.