This Penuche Fudge is a classic that your family will love. Great holiday treat! It makes a wonderful gift and keeps well too. We love to make this fudge each Christmas and it never last long. We have been making this old fashioned classic for many many years!
Penuche Fudge Ingredients Needed
Evaporated milk (could use regular milk)
Light corn syrup
Nuts of your choice (we like it with walnuts)
You can use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe. I have not had an issue getting this fudge to set up but even the most advanced fudge makers sometimes have problems.
Question we received about this fudge: “The recipe says, “Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Do not stir. ” Maybe I’m being too literal, but does this really mean that you add the butter and vanilla to the mixture and just let it sit on top of the surface while it cools 10 to 15 minutes? (Sorry, but I’m a novice when it comes to candy making.)”
Answer: Yes, that is correct. Add the butter and vanilla immediately so the butter will melt. Let sit for 15 minutes. Then, if you think it needs stirring, do so.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts of your choice we like it with walnuts
- Bring brown sugar, milk and corn syrup to boil on top of the stove, stirring constantly. Cook to soft ball stage or about 238 degrees. Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Do not stir. Let cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes. Add nuts and beat with spoon until thickens and loses its gloss. Spray an 8 x 8 dish and pour fudge into it. Once firm cut into squares.
Do you know we have a full Ebook Collection with our most popular recipes? We created this collection so you can have easy access to the recipes you all love. Saves to any digital device and you have all the recipes at your fingertips!
Be sure and Pin this Penuche fudge recipe for later!Be sure and follow us on Instagram! © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.