This recipe for homemade pizza crust is so easy to make. . This makes 2 twelve inch pizza crusts or you could make 3 eight inch pan sized pizzas. You can make this in a square on a baking sheet if you don’t have a pizza pan. The dough keeps well in the refrigerator for several days or you can freeze it.
Homemade Pizza Crust Simple Ingredients:
Active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
So many delicious topping ideas! This pizza crust is super easy to make and one of our favorites. We love to make homemade pizza on a Saturday night. Everyone can add their favorite toppings and this pizza reheats well in the oven.
Note: Meat toppings such as hamburger, sausage, bacon, ham, chicken, etc. should be cooked before adding to pizza.
Pizza Toppings – There are all kinds of toppings. This is a list of just a few you might want to consider
Meats – Sausage, Bacon, Hamburger, Ham, Salami, Pepperoni, Chicken, Turkey, Pork
Non-Meat Toppings – Black olives, red peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, broccoli
Cheeses – Mozzarella, Provolone, Jack, Parmesan, Munster and Feta
You can add the amounts of each item you like to your pizza. I usually use about 1/2 cup of each. Enjoy!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast 1/4 ounce
- 1 cup warm water
- Whisk together the flour, salt and sugar. Add the yeast to the cup of warm water and stir to dissolve. Mix the yeast into the flour. (I used the dough hook on my mixer to do this. You can do it by hand, too) Turn out onto a floured board and add more flour or water if needed until you can handle and knead the dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Grease a bowl with cooking oil, place dough in the bowl turning over once to make sure it is greased on both sides. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Dough should double in size.
- Once the dough rises remove and divide in half. Knead enough on floured surface to get any bubbles out of the dough. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle and place on a sprayed pizza pan.
- Once you have your dough rolled out and on the pizza pan bake it for about 8 minutes at 425 degrees before adding toppings. Remove from oven brush crust with either tomato sauce or pizza sauce, add your toppings and cook about 15 minutes longer until cheese is melted and crust is brown at 425 degrees.
Click here to check out other tips from our site: Tips From The Southern Lady Cooks.
Don’t Forget to Pin this recipe for Pizza Crust!
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.