Garden Pasta Salad is a great salad but a little different since the dressing is sweet and sour. We really like this for a change from the usual pasta salad. You can use your imagination and add other veggies, too. You can make this in advance, it keeps well. Perfect dish to add to any summer gathering! We look forward to this pasta salad every year when the garden starts filling up with delicious vegetables.
Garden pasta salad simple ingredients
Tomatoes (could use cherry tomatoes)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dressing Simple Ingredients:
Apple cider vinegar
You could definitely use red and yellow bell peppers in this salad too! Such a versatile salad. Lately I have been using the English Cucumbers since you don’t have to peel them. They are really good!
“I promised to make this, this weekend. I did, I love it.. I know it will be made many times. Thank you.” -Susan
“I just made this salad today … still chilling in the fridge .. but from what I tasted .. its so YUMMY. Probably even better the next day! Put red & orange peppers and never peeled the cucumber and used whole wheat macaroni. Thanks so very much for the wonderful recipe!” – Shellina
“Tried this today substituting red and yellow peppers instead of the green pepper….also added some cut up cold hard boiled eggs for protein and served for lunch….bowl was licked clean…thank you for sharing !!!” – Jackie
“Loved this salad!! I used fresh basil and parsley from my herb garden instead of the dried. It will be in my favorite file from now on. Thanks so much. My husband declared it a keeper!”- Bonnie
Full recipe in printable recipe card below
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Garden Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions for salad pasta
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
- 2 or 3 large tomatoes chopped (could use cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped (could use regular onion)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for salad. In a large salad bowl add pasta and remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Makes about 8 to 10 servings and keeps several days in the refrigerator.
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook on low heat on top of the stove until sugar dissolves. Pour over salad.